SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, April 7 are reporting 112 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 12,777* and total deaths is at 287:
- Andover Borough-52 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-722 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-59 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-742 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-528 and 33 deaths
- Franklin Borough-454 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-263 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-327 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-315 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-409 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-770 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,489 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-160 and 1 death
- Montague Township-250 and 3 deaths
- Newton-747 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-262 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-132 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,645 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-340 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-307 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-125 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,849 and 16 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-830 and 7 deaths
*(Four reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 3/31/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 12,777 cases 11,131 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.