SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, May 18 are reporting 115 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 37,410 and total deaths is at 487:
- Andover Borough-132 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,881 and 159 deaths
- Branchville Borough-162 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,121 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,402 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,383 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-744 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,017 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-884 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,320 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,126 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,833 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-588 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-878 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,360 and 48 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-612 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-441 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,115 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-959 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-906 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-500 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,414 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,629 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 37,410 cases, 35,443 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.