Sussex County reports 116 new COVID-19 cases; 1 additional death
SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, May 12 are reporting 116 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 36,883 and total deaths is at 487:
- Andover Borough-131 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,853 and 159 deaths
- Branchville Borough-160 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,096 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,377 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,365 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-740 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,005 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-864 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,300 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,093 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,772 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-584 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-873 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,324 and 48 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-605 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-438 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,042 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-946 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-898 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-487 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,324 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,603 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 36,883 cases, 35,297 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.