SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, Jan. 7 are reporting 116 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 5,991* and total deaths is at 226:
- Andover Borough-26 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-434 and 117 deaths
- Branchville Borough-21 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-334 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-257 and 26 deaths
- Franklin Borough-170 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-118 and 1 death
- Green Township-160 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-174 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-160 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-334 and 6 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-665 and 8 deaths
- Lafayette Township-72 and 1 death
- Montague Township-92 and 4 deaths
- Newton-393 and 17 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-95 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-61 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-825 and 13 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-158 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-103 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 72 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-868 and 9 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-399 and 3 deaths
*(5 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 12/29/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 5,991 cases, 3,561 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.