SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, May 11 are reporting 118 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 36,767 and total deaths is at 479:
- Andover Borough-129 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,844 and 152 deaths
- Branchville Borough-159 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,087 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,369 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,363 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-736 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,006 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-862 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,299 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,085 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,759 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-582 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-871 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,321 and 48 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-601 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-438 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,029 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-942 and 6 deaths
- Stillwater Township-897 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-486 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,305 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,594 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 36,767 cases, 35,287 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.