Sussex County reports 121 new COVID-19 cases; no additional deaths
SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Tuesday, Dec. 8 are reporting 121 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 3,618* and total deaths is at 200:
- Andover Borough-16 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-337 and 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough-16 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-225 and 4 deaths
- Frankford Township-166 and 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough-107 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-76 and 1 death
- Green Township-81 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-100 and 1 death
- Hampton Township-92 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-189 and 3 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-416 and 7 deaths
- Lafayette Township-45 and 1 death
- Montague Township-53 and 4 deaths
- Newton-282 and 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-54 and 2 deaths
- Sandyston Township-31 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-485 and 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-84 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-57 and 0 death
- Sussex Borough-38 and 0 death
- Vernon Township-468 and 7 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-200 and 1 death
*(One prior reported positive case has been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 12/3/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 3,618 cases, 2,481 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.