SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, May 9 are reporting 127 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 36,549 and total deaths is at 478:
- Andover Borough-128 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,834 and 151 deaths
- Branchville Borough-158 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,074 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,360 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,354 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-736 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,002 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-859 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,290 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,070 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,739 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-580 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-865 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,311 and 48 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-597 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-438 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-4,991 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-937 and 6 deaths
- Stillwater Township-887 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-485 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,264 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,587 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 36,549 cases, 35,248 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.