SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, May 6 are reporting 13 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 1,007 and total deaths is at 122:
- Andover Borough-3 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-193 and 72 deaths
- Branchville Borough-5 and 1 death
- Byram Township-39 and 1 death
- Frankford Township-70 and 12 deaths
- Franklin Borough-40 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-17 and 0 deaths
- Green Township-12 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-23 and 0 deaths
- Hampton Township-27 and 2 deaths
- Hardyston Township-46 and 1 death
- Hopatcong Borough-102 and 3 deaths
- Lafayette Township-11 and 0 deaths
- Montague Township-20 and 2 death
- Newton-80 and 9 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-15 and 0 deaths
- Sandyston Township-6 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-98 and 7 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-19 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-11 and 0 deaths
- Sussex Borough-7 and 0 deaths
- Vernon Township-113 and 6 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-50 and 2 deaths
For Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases, from 01/01/2020 – 04/30/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 1.007 cases, 719 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.