SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Tuesday, May 31 are reporting 130 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 38,335 and total deaths is at 490:
- Andover Borough-135 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,914 and 160 deaths
- Branchville Borough-164 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,183 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,451 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,409 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-755 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,041 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-915 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,353 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,176 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,904 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-602 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-902 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,428 and 50 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-623 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-445 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,271 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-990 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-920 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-514 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,554 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,683 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 38,335 cases, 35,850 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.