SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, Jan. 6 are reporting 131 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 5,880* and total deaths is at 225:
- Andover Borough-26 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-430 and 117 deaths
- Branchville Borough-21 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-330 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-252 and 26 deaths
- Franklin Borough-167 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-114 and 1 death
- Green Township-156 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-172 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-157 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-331 and 6 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-655 and 8 deaths
- Lafayette Township-70 and 1 death
- Montague Township-91 and 4 deaths
- Newton-389 and 16 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-90 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-61 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-804 and 13 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-155 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-100 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 72 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-848 and 9 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-389 and 3 deaths
*(1 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 12/29/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 5,880 cases, 3,507 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.