SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, May 19 are reporting 140 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 37,550 and total deaths is at 487:
- Andover Borough-132 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,889 and 159 deaths
- Branchville Borough-162 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,129 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,410 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,389 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-745 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,020 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-892 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,323 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,132 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,843 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-592 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-883 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,377 and 48 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-614 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-441 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,134 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-964 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-908 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-504 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,430 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,634 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 37,550 cases, 35,501 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.