SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, Jan. 20 are reporting 141 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 7,436* and total deaths is at 248:
- Andover Borough-33 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-516 and 119 deaths
- Branchville Borough-28 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-407 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-301 and 28 deaths
- Franklin Borough-223 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-155 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-204 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-203 and 3 death
- Hampton Township-221 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-430 and 8 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-811 and 10 deaths
- Lafayette Township-93 and 1 death
- Montague Township-126 and 4 deaths
- Newton-475 and 19 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-124 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-73 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-960 and 15 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-203 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-151 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 84 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,115 and 10 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-500 and 4 deaths
*(7 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/14/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 7,436 cases, 4,250 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.