SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, March 8 are reporting 153 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 9,992* and total deaths is at 277:
- Andover Borough-46 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-615 and 124 deaths
- Branchville Borough-40 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-610 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-390 and 32 deaths
- Franklin Borough-333 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-209 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-267 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-253 and 4 deaths
- Hampton Township-303 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-580 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,156 and 13 deaths
- Lafayette Township-121 and 1 death
- Montague Township-174 and 3 deaths
- Newton-579 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-169 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-95 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,314 and 17 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-284 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-224 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-97 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,488 and 15 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-645 and 6 deaths
*(1 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 3/4/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 9,992 cases 8,843 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.