SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, Feb. 8 are reporting 154 new COVID-19 cases and 2 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 8,664* and total deaths is at 264:
- Andover Borough-39 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-575 and 123 deaths
- Branchville Borough-33 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-498 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-348 and 31 deaths
- Franklin Borough-292 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-188 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-238 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-225 and 4 deaths
- Hampton Township-266 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-503 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-979 and 10 deaths
- Lafayette Township-111 and 1 death
- Montague Township-141 and 3 deaths
- Newton-523 and 20 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-149 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-81 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,115 and 15 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-242 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-181 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 93 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,282 and 13 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-562 and 6 deaths
*(3 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 2/4/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 8,664 cases 7,374 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.