SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, Jan. 14 are reporting 156 new COVID-19 cases and 3 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 6,840* and total deaths is at 238:
- Andover Borough-27 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-480 and 117 deaths
- Branchville Borough-27and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-379and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-291 and 28 deaths
- Franklin Borough-202 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-140 and 3 deaths
- Green Township-187 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-190 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-193 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-375 and 8 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-745 and 8 deaths
- Lafayette Township-80 and 1 death
- Montague Township-115 and 4 deaths
- Newton-440 and 18 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-114 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-66 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-904 and 13 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-189 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-134 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 78 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,022 and 10 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-462 and 3 deaths
*(3 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/7/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 6,840 cases, 3,840 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.