SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, Feb. 1 are reporting 159 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 8,310* and total deaths is at 256:
- Andover Borough-36 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-561 and 123 deaths
- Branchville Borough-33 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-469 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-332 and 28 deaths
- Franklin Borough-271 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-181 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-226 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-220 and 3 death
- Hampton Township-252 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-481 and 9 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-925 and 10 deaths
- Lafayette Township-107 and 1 death
- Montague Township-136 and 3 deaths
- Newton-504 and 19 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-140 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-78 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,073 and 15 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-228 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-169 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 89 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,236 and 12 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-555 and 5 deaths
*(4 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/28/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 8,310 cases 5,566 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.