SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, April 29 are reporting 17 new COVID-19 cases and 4 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 921 and total deaths is at 103:
- Andover Borough-2 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-184 and 59 deaths
- Branchville Borough-6 and 1 death
- Byram Township-34 and 1 death
- Frankford Township-57 and 8 deaths
- Franklin Borough-38 and 0 deaths
- Fredon Township-14 and 0 deaths
- Green Township-11 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-21 and 0 deaths
- Hampton Township-24 and 2 deaths
- Hardyston Township-44 and 1 death
- Hopatcong Borough-96 and 3 deaths
- Lafayette Township-12 and 0 deaths
- Montague Township-19 and 2 death
- Newton-72 and 7 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-15 and 0 deaths
- Sandyston Township-4 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-92 and 9 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-17 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-7 and 0 deaths
- Sussex Borough-5 and 0 deaths
- Vernon Township-104 and 6 deaths
- Walpack Township-1 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-42 and 2 deaths
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.