Sussex County reports 170 new COVID-19 cases; 2 additional deaths
SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Friday, Jan. 8 are reporting 170 new COVID-19 cases and 2 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 6,161 and total deaths is at 228:
- Andover Borough-26 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-442 and 117 deaths
- Branchville Borough-24 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-341 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-259 and 26 deaths
- Franklin Borough-177 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-120 and 1 death
- Green Township-167 and 2 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-180 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-171 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-343 and 6 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-680 and 8 deaths
- Lafayette Township-72 and 1 death
- Montague Township-96 and 4 deaths
- Newton-403 and 17 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-98 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-62 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-839 and 13 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-162 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-105 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 74 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-909 and 9 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-411 and 3 deaths
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/7/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 6,161 cases, 3,670 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.