SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, May 23 are reporting 175 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 37,834 and total deaths is at 489:
- Andover Borough-134 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,902 and 160 deaths
- Branchville Borough-163 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,149 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,424 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,397 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-748 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,023 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-899 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,330 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,147 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,857 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-596 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-891 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,395 and 50 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-620 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-443 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,189 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-983 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-912 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-508 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,471 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,650 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 37,834 cases, 35,570 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.