SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, Dec. 21 are reporting 209 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 4,482* and total deaths is at 207:
- Andover Borough-24 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-372 and 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough-16 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-265 and 5 deaths
- Frankford Township-190 and 24 deaths
- Franklin Borough-141 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-83 and 1 death
- Green Township-108 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-133 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-111 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-248 and 3 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-522 and 7 deaths
- Lafayette Township-55 and 1 death
- Montague Township-64 and 4 deaths
- Newton-318 and 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-68 and 2 deaths
- Sandyston Township-46 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-598 and 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-109 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-79 and 0 death
- Sussex Borough- 51 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-625 and 9 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-256 and 1 death
*(6 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 12/17/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 4,482 cases, 3,135 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.