SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, May 13 are reporting 22 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 14,315* and total deaths is at 299:
- Andover Borough-55 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-766 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-69 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-796 and 9 deaths
- Frankford Township-577 and 34 deaths
- Franklin Borough-520 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-285 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-347 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-358 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-482 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-869 and 13 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,591 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-187 and 1 death
- Montague Township-302 and 3 deaths
- Newton-822 and 22 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-283 and 5 deaths
- Sandyston Township-167 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,893 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-376 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-342 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-150 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,109 and 19 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-969 and 9 deaths
*(Two reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 5/6/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 14,315 cases 13,257 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.