SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Tuesday, Feb. 16 are reporting 233 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 9,039* and total deaths is at 268:
- Andover Borough-40 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-581 and 124 deaths
- Branchville Borough-36 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-543 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-357 and 31 deaths
- Franklin Borough-303 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-193 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-247 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-233 and 4 deaths
- Hampton Township-274 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-523 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,034 and 12 deaths
- Lafayette Township-115 and 1 death
- Montague Township-150 and 3 deaths
- Newton-544 and 20 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-153 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-82 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,172 and 16 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-256 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-199 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 94 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,325 and 13 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-585 and 6 deaths
*(9 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 2/10/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 9,039 cases 7,800 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.