SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, May 20 are reporting 24 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 14,396* and total deaths is at 303:
- Andover Borough-55 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-768 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-69 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-803 and 9 deaths
- Frankford Township-578 and 34 deaths
- Franklin Borough-528 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-285 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-347 and 6 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-359 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-484 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-880 and 13 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,594 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-187 and 1 death
- Montague Township-318 and 3 deaths
- Newton-822 and 23 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-283 and 5 deaths
- Sandyston Township-168 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,897 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-378 and 3 deaths
- Stillwater Township-343 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-151 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,124 and 19 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-975 and 9 deaths
*(No reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 5/13/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 14,396 cases 13,473 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.