SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Friday, Feb. 26 are reporting 24 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 9,445* and total deaths is at 274:
- Andover Borough-42 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-594 and 124 deaths
- Branchville Borough-39 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-575 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-364 and 31 deaths
- Franklin Borough-314 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-201 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-257 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-235 and 4 deaths
- Hampton Township-288 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-548 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,088 and 13 deaths
- Lafayette Township-117 and 1 death
- Montague Township-162 and 3 deaths
- Newton-555 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-162 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-89 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,229 and 16 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-268 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-208 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 94 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,405 and 15 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-611 and 6 deaths
*(1 prior reported positive case has been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 2/25/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 9,445 cases 8,451 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.