SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials are reporting from Monday, July 25 to Friday, July 29 243 new COVID-19 cases and 2 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 40,918 and total deaths is at 508:
- Andover Borough-138 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-2,004 and 158 deaths
- Branchville Borough-168 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,362 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,551 and 47 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,493 and 18 deaths
- Fredon Township-802 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,117 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-960 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,431 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,342 and 22 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-4,230 and 38 deaths
- Lafayette Township-645 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-958 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,586 and 55 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-659 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-470 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,669 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-1,060 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-969 and 5 deaths
- Sussex Borough-545 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,889 and 45 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,865 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 40,918 cases, 38,414 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.