SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, Feb. 3 are reporting 27 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 8,376* and total deaths is at 258:
- Andover Borough-36 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-566 and 123 deaths
- Branchville Borough-33 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-475 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-335 and 29 deaths
- Franklin Borough-273 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-185 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-228 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-220 and 3 death
- Hampton Township-253 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-493 and 9 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-934 and 10 deaths
- Lafayette Township-107 and 1 death
- Montague Township-138 and 3 deaths
- Newton-505 and 19 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-141 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-79 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,084 and 15 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-232 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-170 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 91 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,239 and 12 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-559 and 6 deaths
*(3 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/28/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 8,376 cases 7,294 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.