SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, Jan. 25 are reporting 305 new COVID-19 cases and 2 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 7,862* and total deaths is at 252:
- Andover Borough-34 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-543 and 122 deaths
- Branchville Borough-30 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-433 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-313 and 28 deaths
- Franklin Borough-248 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-169 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-211 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-210 and 3 death
- Hampton Township-235 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-460 and 9 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-860 and 10 deaths
- Lafayette Township-102 and 1 death
- Montague Township-131 and 3 deaths
- Newton-490 and 19 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-132 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-76 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,026 and 15 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-213 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-161 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 84 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,176 and 11 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-525 and 4 deaths
*(15 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/21/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 7,862 cases, 4,391 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.