SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, Dec. 28 are reporting 320 new COVID-19 cases and 4 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 5,033 and total deaths is at 214:
- Andover Borough-27 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-395 and 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough-20 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-290 and 5 deaths
- Frankford Township-216 and 25 deaths
- Franklin Borough-153 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-94 and 1 death
- Green Township-121 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-148 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-131 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-278 and 6 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-564 and 8 deaths
- Lafayette Township-62 and 1 death
- Montague Township-75 and 4 deaths
- Newton-350 and 14 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-72 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-48 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-684 and 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-131 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-89 and 0 death
- Sussex Borough- 64 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-714 and 9 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-307 and 1 death
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 12/22/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 5,033 cases, 3,179 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.