SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, Jan. 11 are reporting 340 new COVID-19 cases and 7 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 6,490* and total deaths is at 235:
- Andover Borough-26 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-464 and 117 deaths
- Branchville Borough-27and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-365 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-274 and 28 deaths
- Franklin Borough-170 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-131 and 2 deaths
- Green Township-173 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-186 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-179 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-361 and 7 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-712 and 8 deaths
- Lafayette Township-74 and 1 death
- Montague Township-111 and 4 deaths
- Newton-425 and 17 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-105 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-62 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-867 and 13 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-175 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-117 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 77 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-960 and 10 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-430 and 3 deaths
*(Eleven prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/7/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 6,490 cases, 3,707 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.