Sussex County reports 369 new COVID-19 cases; no additional deaths
SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, April 5 are reporting 369 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 12,585* and total deaths is at 285:
- Andover Borough-51 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-715 and 125 deaths
- Branchville Borough-57 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-730 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-524 and 33 deaths
- Franklin Borough-446 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-261 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-324 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-312 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-407 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-760 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,469 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-158 and 1 death
- Montague Township-242 and 3 deaths
- Newton-735 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-253 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-130 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,623 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-335 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-296 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-120 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,819 and 16 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-818 and 6 deaths
*(Three reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 3/31/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 12,585 cases 10,587 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.