SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, April 21 are reporting 39 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 13,766* and total deaths is at 291:
- Andover Borough-55 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-752 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-67 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-773 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-564 and 33 deaths
- Franklin Borough-498 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-278 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-339 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-346 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-458 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-835 and 11 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,559 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-170 and 1 death
- Montague Township-281 and 3 deaths
- Newton-808 and 22 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-277 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-149 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,796 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-362 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-332 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-139 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,009 and 17 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-919 and 8 deaths
*(Seven reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 4/15/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 13,766 cases 12,571 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.