SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Saturday, May 23 are reporting 4 new COVID-19 cases and 4 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 1,083 and total deaths is at 145:
- Andover Borough-2 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-200 and 84 deaths
- Branchville Borough-4 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-47 and 2 deaths
- Frankford Township-75 and 20 deaths
- Franklin Borough-42 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-17 and 1 deaths
- Green Township-12 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-26 and 0 deaths
- Hampton Township-30 and 2 deaths
- Hardyston Township-50 and 0 death
- Hopatcong Borough-111 and 5 deaths
- Lafayette Township-9 and 0 deaths
- Montague Township-22 and 2 death
- Newton-97 and 11 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-15 and 0 deaths
- Sandyston Township-6 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-104 and 7 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-21 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-11 and 0 deaths
- Sussex Borough-8 and 0 deaths
- Vernon Township-122 and 6 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-51 and 1 death
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 05/21/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 1,083 cases, 887 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.