SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, July 8 are reporting 4 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 14,632* and total deaths is at 308:
- Andover Borough-58 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-771 and 127 deaths
- Branchville Borough-70 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-842 and 9 deaths
- Frankford Township-581 and 34 deaths
- Franklin Borough-539 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-288 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-358 and 6 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-363 and 6 deaths
- Hampton Township-486 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-897 and 13 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,615 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-188 and 1 death
- Montague Township-325 and 3 deaths
- Newton-832 and 24 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-288 and 5 deaths
- Sandyston Township-168 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,941 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-395 and 4 deaths
- Stillwater Township-346 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-152 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,140 and 19 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-989 and 10 deaths
*(No reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 7/1/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 14,632 cases 14,252 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.