SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, Dec. 9 are reporting 41 new COVID-19 cases and 2 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 3,659 and total deaths is at 202:
- Andover Borough-16 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-338 and 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough-16 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-230 and 5 deaths
- Frankford Township-166 and 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough-107 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-77 and 1 death
- Green Township-84 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-101 and 1 death
- Hampton Township-93 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-191 and 3 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-422 and 7 deaths
- Lafayette Township-45 and 1 death
- Montague Township-55 and 4 deaths
- Newton-284 and 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-54 and 2 deaths
- Sandyston Township-33 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-488 and 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-84 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-59 and 0 death
- Sussex Borough-39 and 0 death
- Vernon Township-475 and 8 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-202 and 1 death
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 12/3/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 3,659 cases, 2,482 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.