SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, May 5 are reporting 41 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 14,202* and total deaths is at 297:
- Andover Borough-55 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-761 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-69 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-794 and 9 deaths
- Frankford Township-576 and 34 deaths
- Franklin Borough-514 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-283 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-344 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-358 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-477 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-864 and 12 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,583 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-184 and 1 death
- Montague Township-296 and 3 deaths
- Newton-819 and 22 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-284 and 5 deaths
- Sandyston Township-169 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,865 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-371 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-342 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-148 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,084 and 18 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-962 and 9 deaths
*(Five reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 4/29/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 14,136 cases 12,950 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.