SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, April 28 are reporting 42 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 13,944* and total deaths is at 295:
- Andover Borough-55 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-754 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-68 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-781 and 9 deaths
- Frankford Township-564 and 33 deaths
- Franklin Borough-505 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-282 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-341 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-355 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-473 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-842 and 12 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,568 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-176 and 1 death
- Montague Township-290and 3 deaths
- Newton-811 and 22 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-279 and 5 deaths
- Sandyston Township-161 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,812 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-365 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-336 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-145 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,038 and 17 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-943 and 9 deaths
*(Four reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 4/22/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 13,944 cases 12,730 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.