SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, July 21 are reporting 43 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 40,474 and total deaths is at 504:
- Andover Borough-138 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,988 and 160 deaths
- Branchville Borough-168 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,335 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,538 and 47 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,470 and 18 deaths
- Fredon Township-793 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,102 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-956 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,412 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,320 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-4,182 and 36 deaths
- Lafayette Township-641 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-948 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,555 and 53 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-650 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-468 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,604 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-1,048 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-958 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-542 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,831 and 45 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,824 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 40,474 cases, 38,298 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.