SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, June 23 are reporting 44 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 39,283 and total deaths is at 503:
- Andover Borough-137 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,946 and 160 deaths
- Branchville Borough-168 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,249 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,482 and 47 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,434 and 18 deaths
- Fredon Township-774 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,065 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-927 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,381 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,244 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-4,028 and 36 deaths
- Lafayette Township-623 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-925 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,487 and 53 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-637 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-462 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,415 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-1,017 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-933 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-530 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,678 and 44 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,738 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 39,283 cases, 37,632 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.