SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Tuesday, April 27 are reporting 45 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 13,906* and total deaths is at 295:
- Andover Borough-54 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-753 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-68 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-781 and 9 deaths
- Frankford Township-562 and 33 deaths
- Franklin Borough-505 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-280 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-340 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-353 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-471 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-841 and 12 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,568 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-174 and 1 death
- Montague Township-289 and 3 deaths
- Newton-809 and 22 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-278 and 5 deaths
- Sandyston Township-160 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,810 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-364 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-333 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-143 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,032 and 17 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-938 and 9 deaths
*(Two reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 4/22/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 13,906 cases 12,531 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.