Sussex County reports 45 new COVID-19 cases; no additional deaths
SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, Nov. 18 are reporting 45 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 2,408* and total deaths is at 198:
- Andover Borough-8 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-282 and 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough-14 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-138 and 4 deaths
- Frankford Township-110 and 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough-73 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-53 and 1 death
- Green Township-54 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-72 and 1 death
- Hampton Township-61 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-107 and 3 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-248 and 7 deaths
- Lafayette Township-30 and 0 deaths
- Montague Township-43 and 4 deaths
- Newton-202 and 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-38 and 2 deaths
- Sandyston Township-24 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-326 and 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-50 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-34 and 0 death
- Sussex Borough-23 and 0 death
- Vernon Township-301 and 6 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-117 and 1 death
*(Two prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 11/12/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 2,408 cases, 1,782 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.