SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, March 3 are reporting 46 new COVID-19 cases and 2 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 9,717* and total deaths is at 277:
- Andover Borough-42 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-602 and 124 deaths
- Branchville Borough-40 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-593 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-380 and 31 deaths
- Franklin Borough-323 and 3 deaths
- Fredon Township-207 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-259 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-243 and 4 deaths
- Hampton Township-298 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-561 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,128 and 13 deaths
- Lafayette Township-120 and 1 death
- Montague Township-167 and 3 deaths
- Newton-571 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-167 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-93 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,273 and 17 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-274 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-213 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-96 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,440 and 15 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-625 and 6 deaths
*(5 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 2/25/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 9,717 cases 8,715 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.