SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, July 7 are reporting 47 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 39,803 and total deaths is at 504:
- Andover Borough-138 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,961 and 160 deaths
- Branchville Borough-168 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,284 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,504 and 47 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,445 and 18 deaths
- Fredon Township-781 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,088 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-937 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,398 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,269 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-4,103 and 36 deaths
- Lafayette Township-628 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-931 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,525 and 53 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-646 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-465 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,505 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-1,035 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-942 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-538 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,749 and 45 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,760 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 39,803 cases, 38,101 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.