SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, Feb. 18 are reporting 48 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 9,150* and total deaths is at 269:
- Andover Borough-41 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-583 and 124 deaths
- Branchville Borough-38 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-551 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-357 and 31 deaths
- Franklin Borough-305 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-197 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-252 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-235 and 4 deaths
- Hampton Township-278 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-534 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,044 and 12 deaths
- Lafayette Township-115 and 1 death
- Montague Township-155 and 3 deaths
- Newton-547 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-155 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-83 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,184 and 16 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-257 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-203 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 94 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,351 and 13 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-591 and 6 deaths
*(2 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 2/10/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 9,150 cases 8,179 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.