SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, October 26 are reporting 48 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 1,825* and total deaths is at 197:
- Andover Borough-2 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-254 and 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough-12 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-100 and 3 deaths
- Frankford Township-93 and 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough-53 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-33 and 1 death
- Green Township-32 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-50 and 1 death
- Hampton Township-44 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-82 and 3 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-189 and 7 deaths
- Lafayette Township-20 and 0 deaths
- Montague Township-40 and 4 deaths
- Newton-154 and 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-31 and 2 deaths
- Sandyston Township-12 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-245 and 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-34 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-21 and 0 death
- Sussex Borough-18 and 0 death
- Vernon Township-219 and 6 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-87 and 1 death
*(One prior reported positive case has been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 10/22/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 1,825 cases, 1,447 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.