SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Friday, Feb. 19 are reporting 49 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 9,196* and total deaths is at 270:
- Andover Borough-41 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-586 and 124 deaths
- Branchville Borough-38 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-556 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-357 and 31 deaths
- Franklin Borough-307 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-198 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-252 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-235 and 4 deaths
- Hampton Township-278 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-540 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,048 and 13 deaths
- Lafayette Township-115 and 1 death
- Montague Township-155 and 3 deaths
- Newton-546 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-158 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-83 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,194 and 16 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-260 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-205 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 95 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,355 and 13 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-594 and 6 deaths
*(3 prior reported positive cases has been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 2/18/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 9,196 cases 8,241 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.