Sussex County reports 49 new COVID-19 cases; no additional deaths
SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Friday, April 30 are reporting 49 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 14,049* and total deaths is at 296:
- Andover Borough-55 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-759 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-69 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-788 and 9 deaths
- Frankford Township-564 and 33 deaths
- Franklin Borough-508 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-284 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-342 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-357 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-474 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-848 and 12 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,574 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-181 and 1 death
- Montague Township-293 and 3 deaths
- Newton-815 and 22 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-281 and 5 deaths
- Sandyston Township-165 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,834 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-367 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-337 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-148 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,057 and 18 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-949 and 9 deaths
*(Three prior reported positive case has been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 4/29/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 14,049 cases 12,887 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.