SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, June 2 are reporting 5 new COVID-19 cases and 2 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 14,468* and total deaths is at 305:
- Andover Borough-56 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-772 and 127 deaths
- Branchville Borough-70 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-809 and 9 deaths
- Frankford Township-578 and 34 deaths
- Franklin Borough-532 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-285 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-349 and 6 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-360 and 6 deaths
- Hampton Township-485 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-884 and 13 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,604 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-186 and 1 death
- Montague Township-323 and 3 deaths
- Newton-826 and 23 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-284 and 5 deaths
- Sandyston Township-167 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,905 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-383 and 3 deaths
- Stillwater Township-343 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-152 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,134 and 19 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-981 and 9 deaths
*(Four reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 5/27/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 14,468 cases 14,025 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.