SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Tuesday, June 8 are reporting 5 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 14,495* and total deaths is at 305:
- Andover Borough-56 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-771 and 127 deaths
- Branchville Borough-70 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-815 and 9 deaths
- Frankford Township-579 and 34 deaths
- Franklin Borough-533 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-285 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-351 and 6 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-360 and 6 deaths
- Hampton Township-486 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-886 and 13 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,604 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-186 and 1 death
- Montague Township-323 and 3 deaths
- Newton-830 and 23 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-289 and 5 deaths
- Sandyston Township-168 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,909 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-386 and 3 deaths
- Stillwater Township-344 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-152 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,131 and 19 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-981 and 9 deaths
*(Three reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 6/3/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 14,495 cases 14,087 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.