SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, June 16 are reporting 51 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 39,034 and total deaths is at 499:
- Andover Borough-137 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,938 and 160 deaths
- Branchville Borough-168 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,232 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,472 and 45 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,429 and 18 deaths
- Fredon Township-769 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,056 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-924 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,371 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,224 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,984 and 36 deaths
- Lafayette Township-618 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-920 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,466 and 52 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-634 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-455 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,391 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-1,012 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-931 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-525 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,656 and 43 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,719 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 39,034 cases, 37,470 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.