SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Friday, July 1 are reporting 51 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 39,601 and total deaths is at 504:
- Andover Borough-138 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,956 and 160 deaths
- Branchville Borough-168 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,275 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,490 and 47 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,442 and 18 deaths
- Fredon Township-779 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,078 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-934 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,387 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,259 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-4,071 and 36 deaths
- Lafayette Township-628 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-927 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,509 and 53 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-642 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-464 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,469 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-1,030 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-939 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-535 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,724 and 45 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,754 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 39,601 cases, 38,041 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.